Kumeu Wine Country
New Zealand is known for its crisp whites and bold reds, and there is no better way to sample the flavors of the region than by taking a trip through Kumeu Wine Country. The scenic vineyards of this world-class wine destination are home to quiet cafes, small breweries, five-star restaurants and of course, some of the best wine-makers in the country.
Some of Kumeu’s wineries date back to the early 1930s, and the region’s unique “cellar door” experiences take travelers through the process of winemaking from harvest to fermentation. Visitors love sipping glasses of the region’s finest while looking out over the lush Muriwai Valley.
In addition to exploring Kumeu’s world-famous vineyards, travelers to the region can relax at the nearby Muriwai Beach, where rolling dunes and black sand result in one of the most scenic beaches in the area, or hike the well-kept trails of Woodhill and Riverhead pine forests.
Tours and tickets to Experience Kumeu Wine Country
What are Kumeu Wine Country hours of operation?
Should I book Kumeu Wine Country tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Kumeu Wine Country 2021?
What's the best way to experience Kumeu Wine Country?
- Piha and Karekare Rainforest Wine Tour from Auckland
- Full-Day: Auckland Scenic Tour- 8 HOURS
- Auckland's City Tour & Kumeu Wine Country Includes Wine Tasting & Lunch
- Wineries Honey and Black Sand Beaches from Auckland
Things to do near Auckland
- Things to do in North Island
- Things to do in Waiheke Island
- Things to do in Tauranga
- Things to do in Rotorua
- Things to do in Taupo
- Things to do in Tongariro National Park
- Things to do in Hastings
- Things to do in Wellington
- Things to do in Picton
- Things to do in Blenheim
- Things to do in Christchurch
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Akaroa
- Things to do in Coral Coast