Read MoreShow Less
You’ll get 360-degree views and a rush of adrenaline at Auckland Sky Tower, stationed 630 feet (about 192 meters) above the city. Daredevil travelers strap on sturdy harnesses and inch along a narrow walkway during a guided SkyWalk. Another option is to plunge from Auckland’s tallest building as part of the SkyJump Auckland experience.
SkyWalk and SkyJump bring the outdoor adventure New Zealand is known for into city limits, at the tallest free-standing building in the Southern Hemisphere. From a 4-foot-wide (1.2-meter) SkyWalk platform that encircles the Sky Tower, guides point out urban highlights and tell brave travelers about the history of this impressive structure. Adventurers will find themselves high above Auckland’s streets overlooking Hauraki Gulf, with the world spread before them down below.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Admission to the Sky Tower observation deck is included with each adventure package.
- Coveralls and a safety harness are provided, as well as complete instructions on procedure and safety.
- Participants are securely fastened to safety lines, allowing them to lean over the ledge or perform tricks.
- Photos and video of the experience are made available to purchase.
How to Get There
The Auckland Sky Tower is located at the meeting point of Victoria Street West and Federal Street in Central Auckland. The closest bus station is Victoria Street station, but it’s also easy to walk from nearby attractions, such as Queen Street, Viaduct Harbour, or Albert Park. Several parking lots are located nearby.
When to Get There
The SkyWalk and SkyJump are open daily from 10am until 5:15pm, except in high winds. SkyWalks take place every 20 minutes, and a maximum of six travelers can participate on each trip. The Sky Tower is open year-round, but it can get crowded in peak season, so it’s best to book your adventure early.
Where to Find the Best Photo Ops
Several restaurants and cafés provide panoramic city views along with your meal. Diners who would rather not jump into the adrenaline-fueled action can watch participants from the Sky Tower's rotating restaurant. Those who do choose to harness up should save the camera snaps for the bird’s-eye view from Sky Tower’s main observation deck.
Address: 86 Federal Street, Auckland, New Zealand
0 Tours and Activities to Experience SkyWalk
No results found!
Things to do near Auckland
- Things to do in North Island
- Things to do in Waiheke Island
- Things to do in Tauranga
- Things to do in Rotorua
- Things to do in Taupo
- Things to do in Tongariro National Park
- Things to do in Hastings
- Things to do in Tongatapu Island
- Things to do in Wellington
- Things to do in Picton
- Things to do in Christchurch
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Nelson
- Things to do in Coral Coast