Things to Do in Auckland This Spring
Spring (September to November) is the ideal time to explore Auckland, with crisp sunny weather perfect for sightseeing in the city, hiking along the coast, and exploring the surrounding islands. Here are some ideas for things to do in Auckland this spring.
- Climb aboard anopen-air hop-on hop-off busand explore the city’s top attractions; a free ferry pass is included.
- Admire spectacular aerial views ofWaiheke Island on a seaplane flight, then enjoy a delicious seafood lunch on the island.
- Spot rare birds such as the New Zealand robin, saddleback, and takahe on aguided wildlife walk on Tiritiri Matangi Island. Visitregional highlights such asthe Hobbiton™ Movie Setand theWaitomo glowworm caves*on a day trip from Auckland.
- Celebrate Halloween with a spooky,nighttime Ghost Tour of Auckland.
- See the colorful spring flowers at theHamilton Gardenson a day tour from the city.
- Explore Auckland’s atmospheric neighborhoods with a local guide on anelectric-bike tour.
- Make the most of the warm weather and discover Auckland’s growing craft-beer scene on abeer-tasting tour.
- Get your adrenaline pumping and challenge yourself to anAuckland Harbour Bridge climb.