Things to Do in Auckland This Summer
Summer (December to February) is Auckland’s high season, and there are plenty of ways to make the most of the sunshine. Whether you want to party at a summer festival, hit the beach, or escape to the surrounding islands, here are our top picks for what to do in Auckland this summer.
- Discover Auckland’s most popular attractions aboard anopen-air hop-on hop-off bus, with a free ferry pass included.
- Spot landmarks such as Sky Tower and Waiheke Island on ahelicopter flight over Auckland. *Take a surf classat one of New Zealand’s top surf beaches, Piha Beach, known for its striking black sands and dramatic coastal cliffs.
- Admire the Auckland skyline from the water on asightseeing cruise around Auckland Harbour.
- Get your adrenaline pumping with a bungee jump from the Auckland Harbour Bridgeor aSkywalk or Skyjump experiencefrom Sky Tower.
- Hop between city beaches on awaterfront bike tour.
- Sample New Zealand street food and experience the city by night on atour of Auckland’s night markets.
- Avoid the high-season crowds with a specialearly access tour of the Hobbiton™ Movie Setfrom Auckland.
- Escape toWaiheke Islandto enjoy outdoor activities such as ziplining, hiking, and wine tasting.