Things to Do in Auckland This Winter
Winter (June to August) can be rainy in Auckland, but the mild temperatures and fewer crowds also make it ideal for sightseeing in the city, and there are plenty of museums and indoor attractions to escape the showers. Here are some ideas for things to do in Auckland this winter.
- Check off Auckland’s top attractions aboard ahop-on hop-off bus—from the open upper deck, if the weather allows—and get a free ferry pass to boot.
- Spot humpback whales and southern right whales during their annual migration on awhale- and dolphin-watching cruise in the Hauraki Gulf.
- Choose a clear winter day to take in panoramic views of the city withskip-the-line tickets to Auckland’s Sky Tower.
- Discover Auckland’s foodie scene and taste New Zealand wines on afood-and-wine-focused walking tour of the city.
- Escape the cold with a visit to theAuckland Museum, including a Maori cultural performance.
- Make easy work of Auckland’s hills and glide up to the city’s top vista points on anelectric-bike tour.
- Cozy up aboard a luxury yacht and admire Auckland’s glittering illuminations on anevening dinner cruise.
- Escape the city for a day trip to theHobbiton™ Movie Set and Waitomo glowworm caves.
- Marvel at New Zealand’s marine life without getting wet atKelly Tarlton’s SEA LIFE® Aquarium.