Place Garibaldi Tours and Activities
A monumental square made up of Baroque architecture, the late 18th century Place Garibaldi lies at the eastern end of the Old Town of Nice. Recent renovation has revitalized the beauty of the buildings.
Place Garibaldi has shops, bars and cafes including Grand Café de Turin, famous for its seafood and a great place to dine al fresco and people watch. On the weekends the square fills with stall holders selling antiques and bric-a-bracs.
Many of the main streets of Nice cross the square: Avenue de la République, Boulevard Jean Jaurès, Rue Catherine Ségurane and the rue Cassini which leads to the old port. Tram No. 1 runs through Place Garibaldi and around the edge of the Old Town (Vieux Nice) and most of the square has now been pedestrianized.
The square has a majestic fountain in its center with a statue of Italian hero Giuseppe Garibaldi who was responsible for unifying Italy in the late 19th century. He had hoped that Nice would become part of Italy.
Tours and Activities to Experience Place Garibaldi
Frequently Asked Questions
- Nice City Bike Tour with a Local Guide
- Nice Sightseeing Pedicab et visite privée multilingue avec un guide local - 1h40
- One Hour Nice Highlights Pedicab Tour
- French Riviera Segway Tour : Nice to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- Things to do in French Riviera
- Things to do in Beaulieu-sur-Mer
- Things to do in Monaco-Ville
- Things to do in Monte-Carlo
- Things to do in Antibes
- Things to do in Cannes
- Things to do in Fréjus Saint-Raphaël
- Things to do in St-Tropez
- Things to do in Aix-en-Provence
- Things to do in Genoa
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Avignon
- Things to do in Piedmont & Liguria
- Things to do in Provence