Agrodome Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
New Zealand has the world’s highest sheep-to-human ratio, with an industry that is estimated to include 30 million sheep. At the Rotorua Agrodome—a 350-acre (142-hectare) working sheep farm just outside of town—visitors can help to shear sheep, tour the mill, and observe well-trained sheepdogs as they follow commands.
An entrance ticket to the Agrodome typically includes a Farm Tour, Farm Show, or both. Visitors ride an all-terrain vehicle through North Island pasturelands and lend a hand to milk a cow or bottle-feed a baby goat, and watch a carding and spinning demonstration at the century-old Woollen Mill. Visitors can tour the Agrodome as part of a full-day tour of Rotorua, or explore the farm only on a dedicated 3-hour excursion.
Things to Know Before You Go
- This educational experience is suitable for all ages and allows families to participate in farming activities; children under 5 years old enter free.
- Choose between an Agrodome Farm Show or Farm Tour, or select both.
- Day trips combine the North Island’s top attractions, such as the Hobbiton Movie Set, Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, and Rainbow Springs Nature Park.
How to Get There
The Rotorua Agrodome is located at 141 Western Road, Ngongotaha, only 6 miles (10 kilometers) from Rotorua. The farm is served by excellent public transport from the city center. For those with a car, it’s a 10-minute drive from the city center and 2.5 hours from Auckland Airport. Most guided day trips provide round-trip hotel transport.
When to Get There
This must-see attraction is open daily from 8:30am to 5pm. The Agrodome remains open in all weather conditions and during all public holidays, including Christmas Day. The Farm Shows and Farm Tours (each lasts one hour) are scheduled throughout the day.
For Adventure Seekers
There is an adrenaline-fueled side to the Agrodome. Visitors can “zorb” down a long, grassy hill, which essentially means standing in a large plastic ball and rolling yourself downward. There’s also the option to take a ride on the cheek-flapping swing bridge, or go flying inside of a wind tunnel. Visitors can even go bungee jumping.
Address: Western Road, Ngongotaha, Rotorua, New Zealand
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Agrodome
No results found!
- Things to do in North Island
- Things to do in Tauranga
- Things to do in Tongariro National Park
- Things to do in Hastings
- Things to do in Waiheke Island
- Things to do in Auckland
- Things to do in Wellington
- Things to do in Picton
- Things to do in Blenheim
- Things to do in Queenstown
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Akaroa
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Victoria