Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Travel from Akaroa through picturesque countryside to Christchurch
- Visit the Christchurch Botanic Gardens
- See the city sights of Christchurch with it's grand architecture
- Enjoy the thrill of jet-boating on Waimak River
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
See the central city highlights including the Museum and Art Centre, Avon River and the Bridge of Remembrance, and stroll around the Christchurch Botanic Gardens with your guide.
Then take a scenic drive to the foothills of the Southern Alps for an exhilarating jet-boat ride on the Waimak River — one of New Zealand's largest braided rivers. Slip on your provided life jacket and splash-proof gear, then blast through river streams at high speed and hold tight during thrilling 360-degree spins.
The return to Christchurch takes you through the pastoral landscapes of the Canterbury Plains before you’re transferred back to the Akoroa cruise port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to the Akaroa port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Life-vests and splash-proof jackets provided on jet-boat
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please note that activity times and schedules can be slightly amended depending on your cruise ships timetable.
- The minimum age for jet-boating is two years of age.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY Leisure Tours
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Akaroa Shore Excursion: Banks Peninsula, Christchurch City Tour and Jet Boat on Waimak River.
- "The bus ride is a bit long but it was worth it with stops in Christchurch and then the river for our jet boat ride." See review
- "The 'raw power' of the engine and its pump which propelled the boat in only about 60mm water depth just above rocks and pebbles made it a " must epxperience"; stongly recommended!" See review