- Walk through the Christchurch Botanic Gardens
- See central Christchurch and the rebuilding process after the earthquake
- Visit a sheep farm to see sheep dogs at work and watch a sheep-shearing demonstration
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
On arrival in ‘The Garden City,’ soak up the highlights of New Zealand's second-largest city during a guided tour. Walk through the Christchurch Botanic Gardens; see the Museum and Art Centre, Avon River and the Bridge of Remembrance; and learn about recovery efforts after the 2011 earthquake destroyed much of the city center.
Then set out into the Canterbury Plains, traveling just 30 minutes from Christchurch into the heart of sheep-farming country. You’ll visit a working sheep farm, set in a bucolic locale. Admire the sheep dogs rounding up the flock, then pet the sheep and watch a sheep-shearing demonstration — you can even try your hand at it, if you wish.
Enjoy afternoon tea before your tour ends at the cruise port to meet your ship.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Please note that activity times and schedules can be slightly amended depending on your cruise ships timetable.
- Most travelers can participate
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY Leisure Tours
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Akaroa Shore Excursion: Banks Peninsula, Christchurch City Tour and Sheep Farm Tour.