Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Banks Peninsula and Christchurch shore excursion from Akaroa Harbour
- Admire the breathtaking scenery of Akaroa Harbour and the Southern Alps
- Take a walk through Christchurch Botanical Gardens
- See the devastating effects of Christchurch's 2011 earthquake and the old CBD
- Visit the coastal towns of Sumner and Lyttleton
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
On arrival at your destination, hop off the coach at the Christchurch Botanic Gardens for a stroll with your guide, and learn about one of New Zealand’s most impressive collections of native and exotic plants.
Your city tour continues with a drive around the old CBD to observe recovery efforts since the damaging 2011 Christchurch earthquake. Your guide provides information on each landmark before stopping for lunch (own expense) in the beach suburb of Sumner. See the coastal town of Lyttleton and view Christchurch from the hills above during the leisurely return to the Akaroa cruise port in the afternoon.
Worry-free Shore Excursion: We ensure your timely return to the Akaroa cruise port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note that activity times and schedules can be slightly amended depending on your cruise ships timetable.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Leisure Tours
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Akaroa Shore Excursion: Banks Peninsula and Christchurch City Sights Tour.
- "This was a very good day tour if you want to visit Christchurch and much cheaper than a similar tour taken through the ship." See review
- "We wouldn't recommend this tour as it take too long to reach Christchurch and you have no time to see anything of the city, if the tour company picked up earlier this might have given us more time." See review
- "We were on a 50 passenger bus, so that eliminates the opportunity to ask questions." See review