3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Discover remote bays and native marine wildlife in New Zealand on this 3-hour sea kayak tour from Akaroa. Following an orientation session, paddle out onto the waters around Akaroa’s extinct volcanic basin with your guide. Test your newfound sea kayaking skills in the shallows of the harbor. Then, head out onto the gently rolling waves and enjoy panoramic views over the rugged coastline. Watch the skies for native birdlife such as heron, egrets, oystercatchers and bitterns, and keep an eye on the waves for sightings of playful seals and dolphins.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Ideal choice for families
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Close encounter with friendly dolphins
Saved to wishlist!
On water photographs
Transportation to/from attractions
Departure & Return
40F Rue Lavaud, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Minimum age 10 years
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Akaroa Guided Kayaks
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 9811P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
KayakingWater SportsOutdoor ActivitiesAkaroaKayaking - South IslandKayaking - BlenheimKayaking - PictonCategory