- Discover the highlights of Auckland and escape to the rainforest on this full-day tour
- Visit the Arataki Center, gateway to the Waitakere Ranges
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Auckland
Departure & Return
If you have not confirmed an inner city hotel pick up with us then our central meeting point is SkyCity Grand Hotel (90 Federal Street). IMPORTANT: if you are meeting the tour here, this will need to be confirmed with us. Please call to confirm freephone - 0800 423 224 (6am-10pm)
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Discover the highlights of this unique urban landscape, set on 48 dormant volcanic cones. Enjoy plenty of photo ops from vista points overlooking the two harbors—Waitemata and Manukau—and witness how the locals live in New Zealand's busiest city, site of the world-renowned America’s Cup.
Light refreshments are provided, and lunch can be purchased (own expense).
In the afternoon, depart downtown for the Arataki Visitor Centre, and step out on the deck for views of the cityscape and harbors all the way to the Tasman Sea. Learn of the traditional Maori carvings that guard this gateway to the Waitakere Ranges, Auckland’s largest regional park. Your guide enlightens you on the region’s natural and cultural heritage.
Continue on to the wild and rugged west coast where you have the opportunity to stroll on an unspoiled beach. A short journey brings you to the lush rainforest. Gaze up at giant tree ferns and listen for native birdlife on your walk, and see an outstanding specimen of New Zealand's ancient kauri trees—a classic Kiwi experience—before returning to Auckland.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- The tour is suitable for all ages and abilities. It includes 2 hours of light walking.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum TWO adults required for the tour to run
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bush and Beach
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Auckland City Highlights, Afternoon Beach & Rainforest Tour.