- City sightseeing and Waiheke Island wineries tour from Auckland
- See Auckland’s city-center sights and gardens
- Cross the Harbour Bridge
- Tour the Tamaki Waterfront and Viaduct Harbour
- Ride the ferry to Waiheke Island
- Enjoy wine tastings at three vineyards
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Departure Point: 188 Quay Street, Downtown Auckland Address: 188 Quay Street, Downtown Auckland Directions: From your cruise ship docked in Auckland at either Princess Wharf or Queens Wharf please make your way to Bus Stop #1346, in front of the Price Waterhouse Building and beside the M-Social Hotel. – 188 Quay Street, Downtown Auckland. Please look for a Greatsights/Intercity coach but at times there may be a shuttle or taxi to pick you up and transfer to the main departure point. Please get there around 0915am for a 0925am departure. If needed you can contact us directly from any phone in New Zealand on our free call number 0800 484 485. Dates: Daily Return point: Tour Returns to Downtown Ferry Terminal where your tour concludes at approximately 5:30pm
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your guide points out Quay Street, the Harbour Bridge, Queen Street, Auckland University, Auckland Museum, and Dominion Parks and Garden. Discover Auckland’s island-sprinkled harbours — Viaduct Harbour and Waitemata Harbour — surrounded by the cones of dormant volcanoes, and learn of the city’s geographical and cultural features as your guide follows the waterfront route along scenic Tamaki Drive.
After lunch in the Viaduct Harbour area (own expense), it’s time to taste some of New Zealand’s award-winning wines. Ride the local Fullers Ferry across the Hauraki Gulf to Waiheke Island, a top-notch North Island destination.
After a 40-minute cruise, your guide meets you at the pier and escorts you to three acclaimed wineries: Mudbrick Vineyard, the Goldie Room on Goldie Vineyard and Te Whau Vineyard. Sample premium wines against a picturesque backdrop of the Hauraki Gulf and Coromandel Peninsula.
Upon returning to Auckland’s waterfront by ferry, you’re transferred back to the cruise terminal.
Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to the Auckland cruise port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Alcohol may be supplied to minors only by their parent or legal guardian
- For passengers ending their cruise in Auckland and have the day available for this tour option there is a secure luggage storage available on the wharf close to where your cruise ship will berth. Should luggage storage be required full details will be supplied at the time of your booking confirmation
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Leisure Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.