Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 30 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- Children aged 12 and above are permitted to this experience although they need a reasonable amount of fitness to complete the hike.
- The recommended start age for hikers on the Tongariro Alpine Crossing is 10-12 years old.
- While some younger children may be able to complete the hike with no difficulty, others may tire and need to be carried.
- It is extremely difficult to carry a small child safely over the Crossing track as parts are quite rough and uneven.
- The Tongariro Alpine Crossing should not be taken lightly and you must be properly equipped to undertake this walk.
- Children under 7 years of age are not permitted to travel with us due to unstable weather conditions through the year.
- Tongariro National Park can be subject to unpredictable weather, and conditions can change quickly. It is important that all walkers carry the essentials for their journey across.
- Allow 7-8 hours (a full day) for your hike - be prepared for a long and challenging day out
- Strong, sturdy boots footwear (you will be trekking over uneven volcanic terrain)
- Warm clothing layers: lots of layers. woolen or polypropylene thermals and fleece, waterproof clothing, wind-proof raincoat and trousers
- Take plenty of food and drink especially in the summer months
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY ExperienceKart
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms