4 to 6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
This is a superb choice for hiking fans. Spend a day exploring Banks Peninsula with the convenience of having a guide to navigate. After a morning pickup, you’ll be taken on a roughly 30-minute journey to start your walk. You won’t have to bring heavy equipment with you as a backpack, walking poles, and bottled water are included. Access scenic photo opportunities that you wouldn’t find alone, and hear about the area’s history. Highlights include visiting Crater Rim, seeing views of Pegasus Bay, and enjoying a picnic lunch.
- A guided walking tour means you can put down your map and focus on the views
- A guide will show you the best viewpoints that you might not find alone
- No need to arrange transport—inner city hotel pickup is included
- Travel light—morning tea, water, and lunch are provided
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Coffee and/or Tea
Departure & Return
11 Rolleston Avenue, Christchurch Central City, Christchurch 8013, New Zealand
Your guide will meet you in front of the Canterbury Museum.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Crater Rim Walks
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Guided Walking Tour and Picnic on Banks Peninsula?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Guided Walking Tour and Picnic on Banks Peninsula?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Guided Walking Tour and Picnic on Banks Peninsula?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Guided Walking Tour and Picnic on Banks Peninsula
4 to 6 hours
4 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeWalking ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingChristchurchNature and Wildlife - South IslandWalking Tours - South IslandHalf-day Tours - South IslandCategory
Sumner Beach Tours & TicketsOrana Wildlife Park Tours & TicketsWillowbank Wildlife Reserve Tours & TicketsAkaroa Harbour Tours & TicketsMount Hutt Tours & TicketsLake Pukaki Tours & TicketsThe Court Theatre Tours & TicketsBanks Peninsula Tours & TicketsAvon River Tours & TicketsBurkes Pass Tours & TicketsCanterbury Earthquake National Memorial Tours & TicketsPort Hills Tours & TicketsNew Regent Street Tours & TicketsChristchurch Gondola Tours & TicketsChristchurch Arts Centre Tours & TicketsWaipara Tours & TicketsAkaroa Port Tours & TicketsWaipara Springs Winery and Cafe Tours & TicketsChurch of the Good Shepherd Tours & TicketsAir Force Museum of New Zealand Tours & Tickets