- 12-hour dolphin swim day trip to Kaikoura from Christchurch
- Travel through scenic North Canterbury to coastal Kaikoura, where the mountains meet the sea
- Enjoy free time to explore Kaikoura at your leisure
- Head out onto the ocean waves with your guide and keep an eye on the water for Kaikoura’s famous Dusky dolphins
- Leap into the waves and enjoy an up-close encounter with the dolphins in their natural habitat
- Your tour includes all snorkel gear including wet suit, plus hotel pickup and drop-off from centrally located Christchurch hotels
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
After a scenic journey through North Canterbury, you’ll arrive in the coastal town of Kaikoura. Enjoy lunch at the Craypot Café and Bar (own expense) or use your free time to explore the seaside town on foot.
When it’s time for your dolphin swim, climb into a warm wetsuit and listen to an informative briefing. It’s a short bus journey to the harbor, where you’ll hop aboard a boat and cruise out into the deep ocean.
Listen to your captain’s commentary about methods used to attract New Zealand’s dusky dolphins as you keep an eye out for the tell-tale leaps and splashes of these playful and curious creatures. With the engine cut, strap on your mask, snorkel and flippers, and jump into the sea for an unforgettable dolphin swim.
You can dive down to the depths below or bob about on the water’s surface. Marvel at the grace of these inquisitive and intelligent mammals as they swim energetically around you.
When your time is up, it’s a short boat trip back to Kaikoura where you’ll return via coach to your Christchurch hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be aged 8 years and over to swim with Dolphins.
- Customers must declare any pre-existing medical conditions. A basic level of fitness is required. Customers will be floating in the open ocean and will be required to swim to and from the boat - distances up to 50 meters (150 feet) at a time.
- Once the tour has commenced only the unused portion of the tour will be refunded should the Dolphin boats not sail. If due to Dolphin sightings or weather conditions the boat offers a partial refund, this refund will be passed on to our customers
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Leisure Tours
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Kaikoura Swim with Dolphins Tour from Christchurch.