- 45-minute scenic ski plane flight to the Tasman Glacier, from Mount Cook
- Fly over the Southern Alps to the Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers
- Enjoy snow landings on two different glaciers
- Pass by Hochstetter Icefall, Mt Cook, Mt Tasman, and Mt Sefton
- Includes a choice of three departure times, and hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
The airport is located 3 minutes prior to Aoraki Mount Cook Village on State Highway 80.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Get seated in the retractable ski aircraft and receive a safety briefing from your pilot, then don the provided radio headset so that you can hear the pilot's informative commentary during your flight.
As your plane lifts off, take in sweeping views of the towering Southern Alps. Cross over the Main Divide to the West Coast where you see the majestic Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers. Continue north along the Tasman Sea before recrossing the snow-capped peaks of the Southern Alps to the Tasman Glacier. Soar over Aoraki Mount Cook National Park and through the Tasman Valley to the Grand Plateau and the Hochstetter Icefall. Pass the east face of Aoraki Mt Cook before descending over the Tasman Terminal Lake.
During the two glacier snow landings, your aircraft completely shuts down, which gives you the chance to experience the quiet solitude of this alpine environment.
Your tour ends with return to the airport and transfer back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dual landings are subject to snow conditions and may be substituted to one longer landing
- Flights may be cancelled due to weather conditions
- Minimum of 2 people per flight applies before the flight will operate
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Check in closes 45 minutes prior to the flight time
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Inflite Ski Planes Limited
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms