Explore our promoted experiences
- 40-minute helicopter flight with snow landing
- See views of Aoraki/Mt Cook from the summit of Tasman Glacier
- Hover above the Southern Alps and take in panoramic views of the Mackenzie Basin
- Hear informative commentary from the pilot
- Relax with pickup and drop-off from Mt Cook hotels
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Fly toward the Tasman Glacier and hover over its vast ice fields before making a soft landing, then step out of the helicopter to stand in the snow, enjoying a panoramic vista with a close-up view of Aoraki/Mt Cook, New Zealand’s tallest mountain peak, which towers 12,217 feet (3,724 meters) above sea level.
Departing your landing site, the pilot traverses the Burnett Mountains. Look down upon the Mackenzie Basin — and admire panoramic views of the rugged landscape and sparkling waterways as they trickle down toward the native rainforests of the rugged west coast.
Learn about the stunning landscape as your pilot delivers informative commentary on natural landmarks. Back on firm ground, you’re transferred from the tour base to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- It is recommended that warm clothing and suitable footwear be worn on this tour due to cold temperatures.
- Please advise preferred flight time at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Totally Tourism - The Helicopter Line
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands