2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
The Maori rock carvings are some of the best hidden sights on Lake Taupo as you can only reach them by boat. This handy two-hour cruise is an easy way to see these impressive cliff carvings while enjoying views of the lake and surrounding mountains. Learn about the local landscape and culture from live on-board commentary.
- Evening cruises included an alcoholic or soft beverage
- Swimming in the lake is possible when the weather is right
- Warm ponchos will be provided if needed
- A relaxing cruise for travelers with a range of interests
Saved to wishlist!
Restroom on board
Coffee and/or Tea
Toasty warm ponchos
Evening cruises include a glass of wine/beer/soft drink
Alcoholic beverages available for purchase
Swimming is encouraged
Hotel pick up and drop off
Additional food and drinks
Departure & Return
Berths 9 &, 10 Redoubt Street, Nukuhau, Taupō 3330, New Zealand
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation.
- Free car parking
- What to Bring: Dress casual, comfortable and warm (layered clothes work best), windproof/showerproof jacket, swimwear and towel (during summer), sunglasses, hat and don’t forget your camera!
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative boat, date or full refund.
- Please note: You are welcome to bring your own prepared food and beverages. NZ law requires adults to be R18 and over to drink alcohol.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Sail Barbary
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Cruise Kakariki to the Maori Rock Carvings?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Cruise Kakariki to the Maori Rock Carvings?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Cruise Kakariki to the Maori Rock Carvings?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Cruise Kakariki to the Maori Rock Carvings
1 hour 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
2 hours 55 minutes
2 hours 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Catamaran Cruises Sunset CruisesWater ToursDay CruisesWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingTaupoCatamaran Cruises - North IslandSunset Cruises - North IslandWater Tours - North IslandDay Cruises - North IslandCategory