2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Experience the thrill of New Zealand’s volcanic landscapes on a self-guided tour of the Orakei Korako geothermal area. Follow the 1.5-mile (2.5km) boardwalk around the park and stop to admire startling silica terraces, peer into bubbling mud pools and watch hissing geysers. Be sure not to miss the Ruatapu Cave, one of only two geothermal caves in the world and home to a mesmerizing thermal mirror pool.
- Self-guided tour of Orakei Korako geothermal area
- Marvel over mud pools, hot springs, geysers and silica terraces
- See the rare geothermal cave of Ruatapu
- Round-trip ferry transfers included
- Popular choice for families and kids!
- Self-guided visit offers greater flexibility
Saved to wishlist!
GST (Goods and Services Tax)
Self guided tour
Return ferry rides on demand
Food and drinks
Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Guide - this tour is completely self-guided
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Orakei Korako Cave Thermal Park
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 21821P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingTaupoBus Tours - North IslandFull-day Tours - North IslandCategory