6 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Maximize your time in port in Wellington with this shore excursion and take in the highlights of the New Zealand capital. Ride the Wellington Cable Car, take in the views from Mount Victoria, explore the old and new St. Paul's Cathedral, visit the famous Weta Cave, and enjoy free time to explore independently. Port pickup and drop-off is included.
- Wellington city highlights shore excursion
- Enjoy a bird’s eye view of the city from the Wellington Cable Car
- Look out over Wellington from the summit of Mount Victoria
- See props from movies like Lord of the Rings at the Weta Cave
- Tour includes pickup and drop-off from Wellington cruise port
- Small-group tour limited to 15 people ensures a personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Experienced, local driver/guide
Port pickup and drop-off
One-way cable car ride
Visit to the Weta Cave
Visit to Te Papa - New Zealand's national museum
Lunch (available to purchase)
The cost of any additional option entry fees
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
On disembarking your ship please make your way to the Private Tours meeting point adjacent to the ship and within the port, just a short walk from the gangway. Please arrive 15mins before your tour start time. Look for the Shore Trips and Tours signs held by our drivers. DO NOT TAKE THE SHUTTLES INTO THE CITY, these are for passengers without pre-booked tours.
- CentrePort Wellington, 2 Fryatt Quay, Pipitea, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please note that the order of the tour may vary depending on the weather conditions and traffic issues
- This tour is not suitable for wheelchairs or mobility scooters as there is no storage space on our vehicles. Fold up (collapsible) walkers may be able to be accommodated, please check with us when booking.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Please purchase a ticket for all travelers in your group - including 'purchasing' a ticket for all infants. NZ transport law requires us to count all heads on board. One child or infant max per adult ticket.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour is for passengers arriving on a cruise ship into the Port of Wellington
- This is a Pre Booked Tour Only!
- No sales on the day of the Tour!
- 9.30am is the regular tour start time. This may be adjusted for early/late arriving cruise ships. We will advise any time change at time of booking
- Please ensure you provide a contact phone number and/or email address that you will have with you and/or checking whilst on holiday so any last minute tour time changes can be notified
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Shore Trips and Tours
You can cancel up to 3 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 3 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Shore Excursion: Wellington Highlights Small Group Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Shore Excursion: Wellington Highlights Small Group Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Shore Excursion: Wellington Highlights Small Group Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Shore Excursion: Wellington Highlights Small Group Tour
2 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 20 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursPorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsTours & SightseeingWellingtonShore Excursions - North IslandBus Tours - North IslandPorts of Call Tours - North IslandFull-day Tours - North IslandHalf-day Tours - North IslandShore Excursions - PictonBus Tours - PictonPorts of Call Tours - PictonFull-day Tours - PictonHalf-day Tours - PictonShore Excursions - Tongariro National ParkBus Tours - Tongariro National ParkPorts of Call Tours - Tongariro National ParkFull-day Tours - Tongariro National ParkHalf-day Tours - Tongariro National ParkCategory
Space Place at Carter Observatory Tours & TicketsStaglands Wildlife Reserve Tours & TicketsCity Gallery Wellington Tours & TicketsWellington Botanic Garden Tours & TicketsWeta Workshop Tours & TicketsHutt Valley Tours & TicketsWairarapa Tours & TicketsSouthward Car Museum Tours & TicketsWellington Museum Tours & TicketsWellington Outer Green Belt Tours & TicketsCuba Street Tours & TicketsOld St. Paul's Tours & Tickets