- 3-hour helicopter and lunch tour of the Wharekauhau Country Estate from Wellington
- Soar over the Rimutaka Mountain Range, Orongorongo Valley, and Palliser Bay in a helicopter
- Enjoy a romantic lunch looking out over the stunning Wharekauhau Country Estate
- Tuck into a 5-course gourmet lunch, including wine
- Great-value tour includes round-trip transfers by helicopter
- Small-group tour limited to six people ensures a personalised experience
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Wellington waterfront, Queens Wharf Address: Shed 1, 19 Jervois Quay
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Gaze down over the city as you soar over the harbor, then head northeast towards the Rimutaka mountain range. Keep your camera to hand as you swoop over the Orongorongo Valley and circle Palliser Bay, before landing at the Wharekauhau Country Estate.
Your hosts will be waiting for you on arrival to whisk you off into the Grand Lodge, the elegant dining room where you’ll be served lunch. After taking your seats, get ready for an unforgettable 5-course lunch of gourmet cuisine, prepared using fresh, seasonal ingredients grown on the farm and accompanied by fine regional wines.
With your appetite sated, hop back in the helicopter for the return journey to Wellington. Enjoy a different route back to the city, passing along the Pencarrow coast, from where the views stretch all the way to the South Island and the Southern Alps. Finally, touchdown in Wellington around 2pm and make your own way back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Subject to availability at the lodge
- Minimum passenger numbers apply before a flight can proceed
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Wellington Helicopters
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands