- Nighttime visit to Zealandia in Wellington
- Guided tour of Zealandia: The Exhibition
- State-of-the-art interactive facility
- Lifelike models of extinct animals
- See rare native New Zealand animals in their natural habitat
- Search for elusive kiwi and the many other nocturnal animals as your guide leads you through the Sanctuary Valley in the dark
Departure & Return
The ZEALANDIA Visitors Centre is located at the end of Waiapu Road.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Get a firsthand look at prehistoric beasts and other endemic native animals that once roamed the islands. At the state-of-the-art exhibit, you can interact with lifelike models of the now-extinct moa — giant flightless birds — and a fearsome predator: the Haast’s eagle.
After learning about these long-lost giants of the bird world, be riveted by a light and sound show that takes you through at least 1,000 years of change. Then walk through a predator-proof fence into the Sanctuary Valley, listening for birdsong in the 550-acre (225-hectare) eco-sanctuary. Follow your guide in search of nocturnal creatures such as the kaka, weta, tuatara and the elusive kiwi as you make your way by flashlight.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wear sturdy footwear, bring extra layers of clothing and a waterproof jacket. Torches (flashlights) are supplied
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Near public transportation
- From 3 December 2021, visitors to Zealandia Te Mārā a Tāne will be required to show their Vaccination Pass prior to entry.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with limited mobility, or difficulty walking for 2 hours in low-light conditions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Zealandia
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.